Topic 2: Entrepreneurship and platform work
Working through a platform: a first step towards self-employment or additional income only?
Can platform work help to launch a self-employed activity? How? What are the obstacles?
Some questions to inspire you on this topic:
- Has using a platform enabled you to start or even retrain in a professional activity?
- Is working through a platform a first step towards self-employment or is it only an additional income?
- Is the income generated via platform work sufficient to make it a main professional activity as an independent?
- What skills, know-how or knowledge gained from working through a platform can facilitate the transition to entrepreneurship?
- In what way do the activities carried out via a platform make it possible to expand or create a future professional network (clients, suppliers, workers, institutions)?
- Are you aware of the advantageous tax and social security regime known as the collaborative economy (activity provided between private individuals via an approved platform that generates less than € 6,390 per year in 2021, not subject to social security contributions)? Do you see any obstacles in moving from such a regime to entrepreneurship?
- Does the platform through which you deliver your activities support and advise you? What kind of support, tool or training do occasional platform providers need to pursue this activity as self-employed?
- If you are a platform manager, what support do you provide for people who deliver their activity through your platform? How to improve this support?
Check out the contributions already published and share your experiences, ideas and proposals on the topic of entrepreneurship and platforms by clicking on "Proposals".